January 23, 2008

Forgive me Father...

...for I have sinned. It has been two weeks and one day since I last shaved. I don't know why I made such a ludicrous agreement with Daniel. He hasn't shaved in over 3 weeks and he has substantially less turf up in his grill than I do. It's like you're asking how much less hair could he have, and the answer is none. None more less.

Also, I've come to grips with the fact that my job is going to suck and my boss is going to be unhappy unless I bust my ass constantly. There are many obstacles to this, the biggest being my own laziness, and my boss's insatiable appetite for blood, but more importantly that the nature of the work is unconditionally humdrum. Making edible films is not all it's cracked up to be, from my vantage point. It's more like cooking than chemistry. Throw a bunch of shit in a beaker and mix it.

BOOOORRRRRIIIIIINNNNGGGGGG

I want to do reactions. I want to do experiments. The most interesting thing I've done thus far sit and watch Jello set up into the jiggly solid that we know it as.

In other news, I've starting receiving my Netflix, which is cool. Last night I watched the episode of Sopranos that was partially filmed at Drew University. The opening scene is shot in front of S.W. Bowne Hall and is supposed to be the admissions building at Bates. Then later, the facade of Mead Hall poses as the admissions office of Bowdoin I think. Unfortunately when they show the view of the lawn in front of that, they CGI'd out the statue of the horse whose balls I painted and subsequently had to clean off.

0 comments: