February 7, 2008

2 hours and 45 minutes of my life spent scratching my head

This is really what I was doing most of the time while watch Once Upon A Time In the West last night. First of all the move was way too long. So much of it was spent in a silence, characters making very slow, subtle movements. Suspense that never paid off.

I didn't have the foggiest idea what was happening almost any of the time. The plot was very complicated, so much so that even by the end, you don't really have a clue of why any of what you just watched happened.

The only redeeming quality was the epic scenery (most of the film was shot in Arizona and Texas I believe).

I wouldn't recommend this unless you are a Westerns buff. If you are, please recommend some for me.

Type rest of the post here

0 comments: