June 8, 2008

I've been in Indiana a few days now

This state is HOT! And in so many ways. I don't think the temperature has been below 90 once yet, and the humidity has been insane. Wednesday, as my dad and I were about to unload the trailer, the skies opened up, and torrential downpours and thunderstorms began. After about 30 minutes of hoping it would stop, we decided to venture out for some food. We were headed to the one place I know downtown from my previous visit, but the entire road was flooded. It was hilarious and terrifying all at once. I mean there was like a good foot of water on the road in front of Nick's.

Fastforward to last night. I'm at Nick's watching baseball and the next thing I know I'm in a conversation with this old man who was telling me things like Cleopatra overdosed on Asp venom. "She was used to cobra venom," he said, "but she couldn't handle the asp venom." The guy was, well I can't say nuts, but possibly one of the most interesting people I've ever met. He talked for a while and I just listened. Fascinating.

People in this state are very friendly in general. It's not like back east where so many people always seem ready to fight or yell "Fuck You!" at some one. I don't know. It's an interesting place.

Last night I had a dream that me and John were in a Spring-Break-home-game version of American Gladiators and we were doing the Eliminator. Davitt may have also been in it but he wasn't a factor in the outcome. John won by nose. Or actually I think it was an elbow. Then I woke up.

I miss everyone back home, but think I'm going to like it here, once I meet some people. I start work tomorrow. I have to go do some reading now and watch the game.

Peace

1 comments:

Amy said...

I M I S S Y O U!!!! But I'm glad you like it there, and I hope that the distance will make you blog more. :0)